9.09.2008

Maxi-mize Your Dress

Maxi dresses are all over the place, which is great for us hijabis (and just in time for Eid). As usual, you can find great stuff in the Fashion District of Downtown LA, but for those of us who hit the malls, here are my current faves:


This Belted Halter Paisley Maxi Dress from Bebe is really cute and flowy. At $169 it's a bit pricey for me, but who could resist?


Here's another great Bebe dress. I usually don't shop in stores like this, but lately everything there has been so gosh darn cute. This Smocked Top Leopard Halter Maxi Dress is on sale for $76.99!


For something a little more causal, Jaloux has great cottony dresses. This Mod-like Halter Dress is only $37.99. There are currently only two Jaloux locations, and luckily one is next to my house.

Paseo Colorado Mall (Pasadena)
Victoria Gardens Mall (Rancho Cucamonga)


Forever 21 has some nice dresses too. This Beaded Halter Maxi Dress is a steal for $24.80.

Since I'm not a fan of the long sleeved shirt under spaghetti/halter/tube top, I usually wear a little jacket or vest over the dress. It's a nice way to layer and add some color/texture to your outfit without looking too fobby.


3 comments:

StylishMuslimah said...

perfect! i adore maxi dresses :D

Ange said...

first two are so cute

Anonymous said...

I think those maxi dresses are lovely and would be extremely comfortable.