10.18.2008

Is Your Hair Falling Out?

All hijabis know this: when you begin wearing hijab, your hair starts to fall out. This may not be the case for everyone, but it was for me. Being constantly covered and not getting any sun, besides the whole out of sight, out of mind thing can cause your hair to become really fine and unhealthy. This past summer, I decided to do something about it, and I found a miracle vitamin: Shen Min.

Shen Min Advanced Women's Formula really brought my hair back to life. You have to take it for at least 2-3 months to see results, but it's totally worth it. My hair is thicker, shinier, and falls out less. I bought the vitamins at The Vitamin Shoppe, but you can also find them at GNC and Vitamin World.

In Addition to taking the vitamins, I started using an organic shampoo and conditioner with biotene.
Jason Thin-to-Thick shampoo and conditioner really work wonders. I also got them and The Vitamin Shoppe, or you can order them online from the Jason online store.

7 comments:

zouzou said...

Keratin ( the true structure protein of hair) based shampoos can do miracles... I had my hair keratin treated and the result is more than i even dreamt of!!
It doesnot fall, it doesnot frizz and the best thing is that the more u use it, the better ur hair becomes!

The result is instant!

Ange said...

mine hasnt fallen out. but my friend has now got see through to scalp patches on her head because of hers

lala said...

wow, oh my gosh!!! I've never heard of this problem before. Maybe beacuase I have very thick hair? My sister in law that stopped wearing hijab about three or four years ago has been badling very quickly but the others who wear hijab are fine. My only problem since wearing hijab is that, since I wrap my hair up tightly in a bun, the ends are always rough after letting my hair down.... but deep-conditioners work wonders for that.

StylishMuslimah said...

OMG!!! thats scaryyy!! :(

Hijabulous said...

ok this wasn't meant to scare non-hijabis... i've never seen anyone who's going bald because of hijab, only that your hair gets thinner. In my case, it was mostly a result of me not taking care of it now that no one else saw it but me. As for rough ends... you just need to trim your hair every 6-8 monthes

Unknown said...

Whoa! I had not heard of this. My hair is super thick and long. When I started using an Indian brand Jasmine scented Amla hair oil my hair got even thicker, grew faster and had less frizz. I could never have hair this long if I didn't cover. Nothing but pony tails and buns for waist length hair. In fact, I keep saying I'll cut it off for locks of love and keep a short stylish bob. maybe I should donate it to balding hijabis. Just joking. But I had seriously never heard of this.

ultra said...

wow! I thought I was the only one! Thanks!